Asparagus-bacon pie with PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
Tips and tricks
Which PDO olive oil for this recipe?
We advise you to use an intense-tasting PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence for its aromas of raw artichoke, banana, freshly cut grass, apple and fresh almond.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Vallée des Baux-de-Provence, Provence, Nîmes, Aix-en-Provence, Corse – Oliu di Corsica.
- For the dough:
- 250 g flour
- 6 cl PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
- 12 cl cold water
- 1 tsp fine salt
- To garnish:
- 400 g green asparagus
- 100 g bacon cut into fine stripes
- 3 eggs
- 1 yoghurt
- 20 cl crème fraiche
- 50 g grated gruyere
- Espelette pepper
- Salt, pepper
- Prepare the dough by mixing the ingredients (by hand or mixer), it should form a ball that detaches from the bowl. Spread it out in a pie dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sort the asparagus, cut the ends off, wash them. Steam them for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on their size)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the pie filling by mixing the eggs, yoghurt, crème fraiche and spices (salt, pepper, Espelette pepper).
- Arrange the asparagus on the dough, sprinkle with the bacon and half of the gruyere. Pour the pie filling over it and finish with a layer of gruyere.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed with aid from the European Union