Avocado toast with smoked salmon, PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use an intense-tasting PDO olive oil from Aix-en-Provence for its aromas of fresh-cut grass and/or raw artichoke, sometimes rounded off with notes of walnut, fresh hazelnut and red berries.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Provence, Aix-en-Provence, Nîmes, Haute-Provence, Corse – Oliu di Corsica.
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. plain yoghurt
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices of rye bread
- A sprinkle of Espelette chilli pepper (or Cayenne pepper for a spicier version)
- 75 g smoked salmon
- A handful of watercress
- 1 tbsp. PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence
- 1 tsp. chopped dill
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and put the pulp in a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, the lemon juice and the olive oil, then mash the mixture with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto the slices of toasted rye bread.
- Sprinkle with a little chilli pepper and add the smoked salmon. Drizzle with the dressing and decorate with a sprig of dill.