Baked potatoe fritters, with PDO huile d’olive de Provence – olives maturées
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use a traditional-tasting PDO olive oil from Provence – olives maturées (matured olives) for its sweetness and aromas of black olives, candied fruit, undergrowth and/or toasted bread, which go very well with red cabbage.
You can also use PDO olive oil from Vallée des Baux-de-Provence – olives maturées and Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées.
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 tbsp. + 1 drizzle PDO huile d’olive de Provence – olives maturées
- Chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 50g grated cheese (such as PDO Comté)
- Peel, wash and grate the potatoes (medium/coarse grater).
- Drain and quickly dry with a cloth (or paper towel).
- In a bowl, mix the potato, olive oil, parsley and salt. Add the beaten egg and half the grated cheese.
- Shape into patties, flattening them slightly with the palm of the hand.
- Gently place them onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 40 min in an oven preheated to 190°C.