Bourride (fish dish with aïoli)
Tips and tricks
To prepare the aïoli, have a look to our recipe ! Choose then a traditional olive oil from Provence AOC, Vallée des Baux de Provence PDO, Aix-en-Provence PDO.
- Monkfish, seabass,whiting, gilt-head bream: 1 kg 200
- 2 onions
- 1 bulb fennell
- 1 peel dry orange
- salt, pepper
- 250 g aïoli
- 4 eggs yolk
- 4 slices of toasted farmhouse bread, flavoured by garlic
- Gut, scale and cut fishes.
- Slice thinly fennel and oinons.
- In a large pan, put olive oil, add oinons and fennel, and let brown.
- Add fishes, thym, orange peel, add water until covering these ingredients, start to come to the boil for 10 min.
- Take fishes out and leave aside in a warm stock.
- Filter the rest with conical strainer on eggs yolk, add the half of aïoli, whisk on very soft heat. The sauce has to thicken like a light custard sauce but does not have to boil.
- Serve in soup plates with toasted bread, add the sauce over it.
- Serve the fish separately with the rest of aïoli.