Bread sticks with black olives, PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées
DifficultyOlive oil or Olives used : PDO huile d'olive d'Aix-en-Provence - olives maturées
Tips and tricks
You can add green olives or replace the black olives with green olives (PDO olives from Nîmes, Lucques du Languedoc, etc.).
- 250 g flour
- 2 tbsp. PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées
- 10 cl lukewarm water
- 10 g fresh baker’s yeast
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 100 g PDO olives de Nice or Nyons
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Put the flour into a bowl, add the salt, the caster sugar and the olive oil.
- Mix then knead for around ten minutes.
- Stone the black olives then cut them into small pieces.
- Add the olive pieces to the dough and knead a little, until all of the olive pieces are well blended into the dough.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave to rise for around 1 hr in a warm room.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Punch down the dough. Divide it into lumps of the same size.
- Shape them into long, thin coils around twenty centimetres long.
- Place the bread sticks onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, leaving enough space between them. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown (around 20 minutes).
Web site : https://www.lookingfortheperfectfood.eu/en/