Caesar-style salade with pasta, apples and celery, PDO huile d’olive de Provence
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use an intense-tasting PDO olive oil from Provence for its aromas of grass, raw artichoke, along with possible aromas of banana, hazelnut, fresh almond and tomato leaf.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Aix-en-Provence, Nîmes, Haute-Provence, Corse – Oliu di Corsica, Vallée des Baux-de-Provence.
- 500g penne pasta
- 1 to 2 Gala apples, washed and cut into cube
- 3 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- ½ celeriac
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 small lettuce
- 1 handful of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 100 g cheddar, cut into cubes
- For the dressing:
- ½ plain yoghurt
- 5 tsp. mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp. PDO huile d’olive de Provence
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain then leave to cool until completely cold (run it under cold water to save time). Set aside.
- Peel and grate the celeriac. Wash the lettuce leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the diced apple, the chopped celery and the grated celeriac. Pour the lemon juice onto this mixture and stir. Set aside.
- Lay the lettuce leaves onto the plates. Place the pasta on top of them. Sprinkle with the apple/walnut/cheddar mixture.
- Prepare the dressing by putting all the ingredients in a blender and mix until creamy.
- Pour unto the salad. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and serve.