Carrot flan with PDO huile d’olive de Nyons
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use a delicate-tasting PDO huile d’olive de Nyons, for its sweetness, its smoothness, its aromas of dried fruit, and its buttery taste, along with possible aromas of fresh hazelnuts and/or freshly-cut
grass. You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Nice and Corse – Oliu di Corsica – récolte à l’ancienne.
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 yoghurts
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp PDO huile d’olive de Nyons
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp cumin
- 60 g grated cheese
- Salt, pepper
- Peel and cut the onion into small pieces. Sauté in a casserole dish with olive oil. Rinse, peel and cut the carrots into slices. Add the carrots to the casserole, season with salt and pepper, sauté them for 5 minutes and add a glass of water (if needed). Cover the casserole and cook 20 to 25 minutes (the carrots should be butter soft).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Drain and puree the carrots.
- Mix the carrot puree with the yoghurts, beaten eggs, corn starch, grated cheese, cumin and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the mixture in individual moulds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed with aid from the European Union