Cherry tomatoes pie
Tips and tricks
The olive oil gives a nice color and softness to the pie crust, and a nice sunny taste !
- For the olive oil pie crust:
- 200g of flour
- 4 tbsp (60ml) of Aix-en-Provence PDO olive oil – traditional taste
- 1 small egg
- 1 big pinch of salt
- 1 big pinch of Provence herbs
- 2 or 3 tbsp of cold water (if necesseray)
- For the pesto :
- 1 tsp of caper
- 10 black olives (of Nyons, Nice or Vallée des Baux-de-Provence PDO for example)
- 2 anchovy fillets (in oil)
- 1 pinch of Espelette chili
- 5 dried tomatoes
- 10 leaves of basil
- 1,5 tbsp of Aix-en-Provence PDO – traditional taste
- 400g of cherry tomatoes
- Begin by preparing the olive oil pie crust:
- Mix together the flour, salt and Provence herbs. Create a well and pour the olive oil.
- Mix and add the egg, mix quickly by adding some water if need be (to get a ball of dough).
- Put in cling film and keep it in the fridge for 30min.
- During this time, prepare the pesto by mixing all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous paste. Mix the half of the pesto to the cherry tomatoes, and stir well to coat it.
- Spread the olive oil pie crust over a floured space on a 2-3mm thickness and top the pie dish.
- Spread the pesto over the bottom of the pie and place the cherry tomatoes on it.
- Bake at 220°C and low the temperature to 200°C after 10 min. Bake 5-10min more.
Web site : http://annelysecuisine.fr
Recipe proposed by Annelyse Chardon