Creamed courgettes with fresh mint and chick peas, PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
DifficultyOlive oil or Olives used : PDO huile d'olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
Tips and tricks
Serve in small glasses for a light appetizer or as a starter for a summer dinner.
- 3 medium-sized (around 250g) untreated courgettes (to keep the skin and the nice green colour!)
- 100 g fromage blanc
- 2 tbsp. PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux de Provence + 1 drizzle when serving
- Twenty fresh mint leaves
- 75g cooked chick peas
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper
- Wash the courgettes, remove the ends, then cut into chunks and cook for 30 minutes (preferably through steaming).
- Drain (keep some of the cooking water), then leave to cool completely.
- Drain the chick peas.
- Wash and dry the mint leaves, setting a few aside for decoration if you want.
- In a blender, mix the pieces of courgette with a little cooking water, the fromage frais, the pressed garlic clove, the mint leaves, the olive oil, the chick peas, salt and pepper. If the mixture is a little too thick, add a little more cooking water.
- Refrigerate for several hours, then serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprig of mint.
Web site : https://www.lookingfortheperfectfood.eu/en/