Fresh salad with PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence
Tips and tricks
For this salad, we advise you to use an intense-tasting PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence for its aromas of fresh-cut grass and/or raw artichoke, sometimes rounded off with notes of walnut, fresh hazelnut and red berries. You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Vallée des Baux-de-Provence, Nîmes, Haute-Provence, Corse – Oliu di Corsica or Provence.
- ½ melon
- 3 multi-coloured tomatoes
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- A few mint leaves
- ½ bunch of basil
- 1 handful of arugula
- Fresh goat cheese (or PDO mozzarella di buffala Campana)
- 2 thick slices of PGI Bayonne ham
- 1.5 tbsp of Modena balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the melon and remove the seeds. Make balls using a melon baller (or cut it into cubes). Wash the tomatoes. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, the tomatoes into medium slices.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and the ham into thick strips.
- Wash and chop the fresh herbs (mint, basil), wash the arugula.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing vinegar and olive oil, seasoning to your liking.
- Mix everything in a bowl and serve the salad well chilled.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed with aid from the European Union