Flammekueche with cabbage and PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées
Tips and tricks
For the connoisseur, sprinkle the flammekueche with Gruyere cheese before baking. You can also use frozen cabbage florets.
Olive oil: We advise you to use a traditional-tasting PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées (matured olives) for its sweetness and its aromas of sourdough bread, black olive, cocoa and cooked artichoke. You can also use PDO olive oil from Provence – olives maturées or Vallée des Baux-de-Provence – olives maturées.
- For the dough:
- 250 g flour
- 5 cl PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées
- 1 pinch of salt
- 10 cl lukewarm water
- For the filling:
- 200 g a mixture of romanesco cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 100 g salted or smoked bacon cut in fine slices
- For the cream:
- 10 cl fresh whipping cream
- 1 tbsp white fresh cheese (or yoghurt or petit suisse)
- 1 tbsp PDO huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 210°C.
- Prepare the dough: pour the flour and salt into a bowl. Add the olive oil and water and knead to form a homogeneous and supple dough.
- Blanch the cabbage florets. Vegetables must remain “al dente.” Leave to cool when finished.
- Prepare the cream by mixing the ingredients.
- Spread the dough thinly on a baking sheet. Spread the cream over the dough, place the cabbage florets and sprinkle the bacon over it. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed by the European Union.