Gazpacho of peas and mint
Tips and tricks
Choose an intense olive oil : Vallée des Baux-de-Provence PDO, Nîmes PDO, Haute-Provence PDO, Provence AOC or from Aglandau, Bouteillan, Olivière, Picholine variety.
- 500 g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 piece of vegetable broth
- 10 cl + 3 cl intense olive oil
- 100 g smocked bacon
- 2 tbsp chopped mint + some leaves
- Espelette pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the peas in boiled water with the vegetable broth. At the end of the cooking, keep some broth. Drain off the rest of the water and cool the peas (to keep their colour).
- Brown chopped onion and add smocked bacon cut into squares. Add the peas and cook for few minutes.
- Mix the peas, smocked bacon, onion, yogurts, garlic clove with 10cl intense olive oil, broth (depending on the texture you want to have), mint and Espelette pepper. Salt and pepper to your convenience. Sieve the mixture.
- Check the seasoning, serve in small glasses by adding intense olive oil, some mint leaves. Keep 30 min in the fridge before serving.