Guinea fowl with black olives and thyme flowers
Tips and tricks
Select black olives from Nyons PDO, Nice PDO, Vallée des Baux de Provence PDF, of Lucques, Tanche or Cailletier variety …
- 1 “pintadeau de la Drôme” – guinea fowl
- 20 black olives of Nyons PDO
- 6 fresh eggs
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- Thyme flowers
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil – subtle taste
- Bone the guinea fowl into 4 pieces (2 legs, 2 breasts) and take off the skin.
- Season with salt, pepper and thym flowers. Stone the olives. Put 5 of them into each piece of guinea fowl. The olives have to be in the middle of the meat.
- In a bowl, beat 5 egg yolks and 1 entire egg. Put the breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
- Soak gently the meat in the eggs and then in breadcrumbs. Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- In a stove, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and brown at low heat both sides of the meat. Then put it on paper towels. End the cooking in the oven for 8 to 10 min to 210°C.
- Prepare the plate : cut each piece of meat into slices, salt and serve with a green salad seasoned with a subtle olive oil and croutons of tapenade.
Proposed by Pierre Laurent Bernard, Resto des Arts, in Nyons