Herby mashed potatoes with PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence – olives maturées
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use a traditional-tasting PDO olive oil from Vallée des Baux-de-Provence – olives maturées (matured olives) for its aromas of preserved olives, black olives, olive paste, cocoa, mushroom, cooked artichoke, truffle and sourdough bread, that go very well with rabbit.
You can also use PDO olive oil from Aix-en-Provence – olives maturées or Provence – olives maturées.
- 900 g mealy potatoes (Agata, Bintje, Monalisa, Marabel, etc.)
- 6 cl PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence – olives maturées
- 2 large tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 large tablespoons chopped parsley
- 25 g PDO olives cassées de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
- 1 tsp. coarse salt for the cooking water
- 3 pinches of salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut them into cubes. Put the cubes into a large saucepan, cover them with water and add the coarse salt.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the cubes.
- Drain the potatoes, then put them back into the saucepan.
- Mash them coarsely with a potato masher, leaving small pieces.
- Mix in the olive oil, the herbs and the chopped olives. Add salt and pepper to taste.