Lamb / melon skewers with PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use an intense-tasting PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence for its aromas of raw artichoke, banana, freshly cut grass, apple and fresh almond.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Vallée des Baux-de-Provence, Provence, Nîmes, Aix-en-Provence, Corse – Oliu di Corsica.
- 400 g lamb shoulder
- 1 melon
- 6 sprigs of mint
- 2 tbsp PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp honey
- Espelette pepper
- Salt, pepper
- Chop the mint leaves (reserve a few for serving). Prepare the marinade by mixing the lemon juice, olive oil, half a teaspoon of honey and the spices. Season with salt and pepper and then add chopped mint.
- Dice the lamb (about 3 cm x 3 cm). In an airtight container, mix the lamb and the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut the melon in half, take the seeds out, and make balls with the melon baller (otherwise, cut cubes of 3 cm x 3 cm, like the lamb).
- Collect the diced lamb on a plate. Add half a teaspoon of honey to the marinade. Put the melon balls in the marinade and gently stir till they’re well coated.
- Assemble the skewers, interspersing the cubes of lamb and the melon balls. Using a brush, brush the skewers with the remaining marinade. Cook the skewers on the barbecue or in a frying pan. Serve with the remaining mint leaves.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed with aid from the European Union