Magdalenas with PDO huile d’olive de Nîmes
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use an intense-tasting PDO olive oil from Nîmes for its aromas of greenery, pineapple, dry hay, red & yellow plum, which go well with salt cod.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Aix-en-Provence, Haute-Provence, Provence, Vallée des Baux-de-Provence.
- 1 egg
- 50 g PDO huile d’olive de Nîmes
- 65 g sugar
- 50 g milk
- 125 g flour
- 1½ tsp. (7 g) baking powder
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ organic orange
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grate the zest off the lemon and orange. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with the sugar until the mixture whitens and doubles in volume. Whisk in the olive oil, the milk and the lemon/orange zests.
- Add the flour/baking powder mixture. Mix in quickly until uniform but not too smooth.
- Place paper liners in a muffin tin (or other similar tin with high sides). Fill the paper liners to 2/3. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Bake for 20 min. then allow to cool before eating.