Nice-style bagels, PDO huile d’olive de Nice
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use a delicate-tasting PDO olive oil from Nice for its sweetness and its aromas of almond, raw artichoke, broom flours, hay, grass, leaves, pastry, ripe apple and dried fruit, and its lemony notes.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Nyons and Corse – Oliu di Corsica – récolte à l’ancienne.
- 4 bagels
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large tin of tuna in brine
- 1 spring onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- ½ green pepper
- A handful of PDO olives de Nice
- 12 baby broad beans
- 12 basil leaves
- 4 radishes
- PDO huile d’olive de Nice
- Wine vinegar
- Hard-boil the eggs (boil for 6 to 8 minutes). Leave to cool before shelling.
- Cut the bagels in two, toast them in the oven, then drizzle them with olive oil and a little wine vinegar.
- Cut the onion into fine slices.
- Cut the tomatoes, the hard-boiled eggs and the radishes into slices.
- Stone the olives then cut them into pieces.
- Chop the basil.
- On the bottom half of the bagel, place the tuna and slices of onion, tomato and hard-boiled egg. Add the baby broad beans, radish slices, olives pieces, anchovy fillets and chopped basil.
- Add a little salt and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Close the bagel, pressing firmly on the top to slightly compress the ingredients.