Nuts of scallop in shell, chickpea purée and lobster vinaigrette
Tips and tricks
The subtle olive oil is soft, mainly characterised by fruits (dried, ripe, red fruits) or flowers aromas and vegetable notes.
You can choose : Nyons PDO, Nice PDO, olive oil from Lucques, Cailletier, Tanche, Grossane variety …
- 16 pieces of scallops (that is 4 nuts per person)
- 500 gr chickpeas
- 3 gr “4 spices” mixture
- 2 gr crystallized dates
- Salt and pepper
- 20 cl subtle olive oil
- cloves of garlic
- 150 gr coarse salt and entire spices to decorate the plate
- 1 L poultry broth
- 1 lemon juice
- Aromatic side dish (Carrot, onion, leek, thyme, laurel)
- 4 sticks of chervill
- Lobster vinaigrette
- 3 head of lobsters (inside and coral)
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 tomato
- parsley / tarragon
- 10 cl Cognac
- 1 L white wine
- 10 cl veal broth
- Open scallops, take the “nuts” out, trim them and dip in freezing water during some minutes in order to tighten them.
- Leave them aside in kitchen foil. Keep cleaned and empty shells.
- The day before, soak chickpeas in cold water.
- Cook them into poultry broth with aromatic ingredients.
- Drain them, leave broth aside.
- Mix chickpeas in food processor with 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add a litlle of broth until getting the expected consistency, lemon juice and beat with olive oil.
- Add small cubes of crystallized dates. Rectify seasoning.
- Lobster vinaigrette
- Brown tomato, onion, carrot, garlic, celery, parsley, tarragon with a bit of olive oil, then add crushed carcasses of lobsters. Brown it well.
- Flambé it with 10 cl cognac, then moisten with ½ L white wine.
- Reduce for 10 mn, then moisten at ingredients-high.
- Reduce for about 1h to medium heat.
- Strain by using a muslin strainer without pressing. If necessary, reduce again to strenghten the flavour.
- Add up to 2/3 of lobster juice 1/3 of veal juice and 2 cl olive oil.
- Garnish the middle of the plate with handful coarse salt and some mixed spices. Put on coarse salt 2 nuts of scallops, full in each of them of a hot table spoon chickpeas purée; put one to two roasted nuts of scallops in each shell.
- Pour a teaspoon lobster vinaigrette on the verge of each shell. Decorate shells with stiks of fresh chervil. Savour.
Ms Pic, Restaurant Pic in Valence