Pannacotta with peaches and rosmary, PDO huile d’olive de Nyons
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use a delicate-tasting PDO olive oil from Nyons, for its sweetness, its smoothness, its aromas of dried fruit, and its buttery taste, along with possible aromas of fresh hazelnuts and/or freshly-cut grass.
You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Nice and Corse – Oliu di Corsica – récolte à l’ancienne.
- 4 peaches
- 50 cl whole cream
- 4. tbsp. lavender honey
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- PDO huile d’olive de Nyons
- Peel and stone the peaches and cut them into quarters.
- Brown them in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil for around 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp. honey and 10 cl water and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes to form a syrup. Add 1.5 tablespoon olive oil.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for at least 1hr.
- Soften the gelatine in cold water.
- Heat up the cream with the remaining honey and the rosemary. When the mixture starts to simmer, remove it from the heat.
- Squeeze out the water from the gelatine then stir it into the hot cream until melted.
- Place two thirds of the peaches and their syrup into 4 glasses. Pour the cream on top, then add the remaining peaches and their syrup.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.