Potatoes cake, Hummus with olive oil
Tips and tricks
Change also for Vallée des Baux de Provence or Aix-en-Provence PDO olive oil with a traditional taste !
- For the hummus :
- 300g canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp sesame seed cream
- the juice of a lemon
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil – traditional taste
- For the potatoes cake :
- 300g potatoes (with a firm flesh)
- Olive oil – intense taste
- 2 egg yolks
- salt – pepper – nutmeg
- 100g small prawns
- Pour the breading : beaten egg – flour – breadcrumbs
- Hummus : Drain the chickpeas and mix them thinly with the lemon juice, garlic, sesame seed cream and 2 tbsp of olive oil of the traditional taste. If the paste is too thick, add some water.
- Potatoes cake: make a dry purée (if need be, cook on low to remove humidity). Oil and season. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Make small balls of the size of a walnut. Make a hole in the middle of each ball, put a small prawn inside and close the ball.
- Roll the balls in flour, then in beating egg (added of water, olive oil, salt and pepper).
- Roll in breadcrumb.
- Place in hot olive oil. Cook until the potatoes cake comes brown.
- Serve with hummus, spread of Zâatar and olive oil with a traditional taste.