Savoury scones with PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
DifficultyOlive oil or Olives used : PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
Tips and tricks
You can eat the scones on their own or with chive-flavoured crème fraîche.
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 25 g softened salted butter
- 10 cl + 1tbsp PDO huile d’olive de Haute-Provence
- 50 g bacon
- 10 dried tomato flakes (or green olive flakes)
- 1 beaten egg
- 20 cl + 1tbsp milk
- 50 g grated PDO Comté (or Emmental) cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas 6).
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and olive oil. Add the softened butter and mix until you get a coarse-textured dough. Add the beaten egg, the 20cl of milk, the bacon, the dried tomatoes cut into small pieces and the grated cheese. Mix until you get a smooth dough.
- Place lumps of dough onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Mix the tablespoon of milk with the tablespoon of olive oil and brush the mixture onto the lumps of dough.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The scones should be well risen and have a slight golden colour.
Web site : https://www.lookingfortheperfectfood.eu/en/