Spaghetti with pesto & tomatoes flavoured with PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
DifficultyOlive oil or Olives used : PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
Tips and tricks
You can add a few Lucques du Languedoc PDO olive flakes.
- 400 g spaghetti
- Ten cherry tomatoes
- 4 dried tomato flakes
- A few basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan
- Home-made pesto:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g basil leaves
- 100 g Parmesan
- 10 cl PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
- 15 g pine nuts
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- Option: Lucques du Languedoc PDO olives
- Prepare the pesto: peel and press the garlic cloves. Blend the garlic with the basil leaves and a pinch of coarse salt.
Add the pine nuts and Parmesan, and continue blending until you get a smooth green sauce. Mix in the olive oil. The pesto will keep for a few days in the refrigerator in an air-tight jar.
- Prepare the pasta: cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and sizzle them a few minutes in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Cut up the dried tomato flakes. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and immediately mix in 150 g of pesto.
- Arrange on the plates. Add the cherry tomatoes and dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and decorate with basil leaves.
Web site : https://www.lookingfortheperfectfood.eu/en/