Spinach, olives, Comté cheese and dried tomato cookies
Tips and tricks
Choose black olives of Nyons PDO, Nice PDO or Vallée des Baux-de-Provence PDO !
You can also opt for green olives : choose then Nîmes PDO olives or olives from Lucques,
Picholine or Aglandau variety.
- 260g flour
- 85g stoned olives (black or green)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tsp of salt
- 1⁄2 tsp of soda
- 60g osubtle taste olive oil
- 30g dried tomatoes
- 40g spinach shoots
- 30g Comté cheese (12 months old)
- Cayenne pepper
Wash the spinach shoots and brown them in olive oil. Cook for some minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg to the olive oil, salt, soda. Chop the olives into thin pieces, add them to the dough and add warm spinaches. Cut the Comté cheese into small cubes (or grate it on the cookies). Blend well.
- Add gradually flour to get a homogenous paste. Cut the dried tomatoes into small pieces and add them lastly.
- Take some paste, form a ball with your hands, flatten it on a greaseproof baking paper. Repeat this step as long as you have paste. Spread some Cayenne pepper before baking them at 140°C for 40 min.
- Recipe proposed by Marjorie, alias Poucinette Cook.