Veal tartar, caper, tomatoes and basil
Tips and tricks
We advise you olive oils from Nyons PDO, Nice PDO or from variety of Lucques, Grossane, Cailletier, Négrette, Tanche …
- 600 g of topside veal
- 1 “ananas” tomato
- 1 “Green Zebra” tomato
- 1 “Coeur de boeuf” tomato
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 basil bunch
- 1 yellow lemon
- 40 g caper
- 5 cl olive oil – subtle taste
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 150 g rocket
- 2 cl reduced balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the veal into regular squares. Keep it in the fridge.
- Cut all tomatoes in 4 pieces, remove the seeds. Cut each piece into squares (the same size that veal).
- Chop the capers, basil and shallots. Take off the lemon zest and squeeze the lemon.
- Mix the veal, tomatoes, capers, basil, shallots and lemon zests. Season with salt, pepper, add lemon juice and 3 cl of olive oil. Taste the seasoning.
- Prepare the parmesan cheese “leaf” : preheat the oven to 200°C. Grate Parmesan cheese and spread it finely on a baking sheet covered with baking paper or silicone sheet. Bake for few minutes (until it get brown enough) and then cool.
- Use a circle to prepare the plate. Add the rocket on the top, season with balsamic vinegar and the olive oil. End with the parmesan cheese leaf.