Vegetarian samosas with PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use an intense-flavoured PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence for its aromas of freshly-cut grass, apple, almond, raw artichoke, fresh hazelnut and tomato leaves.
You can also use one the following PDO olive oils: Aix-en-Provence, Nîmes, Haute-Provence, Corse – Oliu di Corsica or Provence.
- 4 to 6 brick pastry sheets
- 2 balls of PDO mozzarella di Buffala Campana
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp PDO huile d’olive de la Vallée des Baux-de-Provence
- 1 tbsp PDO balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Washes the tomatoes, removes the seeds, cut them very finely into little cubes. Cut the mozzarella into large cubes. Chop the basil. Roast the pine nuts and coarsely hack them. In a bowl mix all the ingredients with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cut the brick pastry sheets in four and brush with olive oil. Place a little of the mixture on one end of the strip, fold the tip over the filling, fold into a triangle from the corner to the opposite edge.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed with aid from the European Union