White chocolate and cherry cake with PDO huile d’olive de Nyons
Tips and tricks
We advise you to use a delicate-tasting PDO huile d’olive de Nyons, for its sweetness, its smoothness, its aromas of dried fruit, and its buttery taste, along with possible aromas of fresh hazelnuts and/or freshly-cut grass. You can also use one of these PDO olive oils: Nice and Corse – Oliu di Corsica – récolte à l’ancienne.
- 200 g fresh cherries
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 150 g fromage blanc (French “white cheese”)
- 2 tbsp PDO huile d’olive de Nyons
- 70 g flour
- 50 g almond powder
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g white chocolate for pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash and pit the cherries.
- Whisk eggs, honey, olive oil and white cheese. Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, almond powder and a pinch of salt, mix well.
- Stir in the largely shredded white chocolate and pitted cherries.
- Pour the Preparation into a well-buttered tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, watch the end of baking time
- Variation: In the summer, you can try this recipe with white peaches or raspberries; in the fall, with pears.
Recipe made for EcceOlio program, financed with aid from the European Union