Young rabbit marble with sage and tapenade
Tips and tricks
The intense olive oils are made with fresh olives, harvested not completely ripe.
In this family taste, you can choose : Vallée des Baux de Provence PDO, Aix en Provence PDO, Haute Provence PDO, Nîmes PDO, Provence AOC or Salonenque, Aglandau, Picholine, Olivière, … varieties.
2 kg young rabbit (about 8 legs and 4 saddles)
100 g sage leaves
50 g spicy salt
80 g tapenade
5 cl sherry vinegar
50 cl intense olive oil
– Bone legs and saddles.
- Strip the sage leaves off, keep only leaves.
- Take a terrine (30cm x 10cm) and line the bottom with saddles.
- Season with spicy salt and sage leaves.
- Fill the terrine up with legs by spreading them at the maximum and by seasoning them between each layer.
- When the terrine is ended, cover it with silver foil and bake in oven to 100°C for one hour. At the end of the cooking, put on the first terrine a second one (same dimensions) filled up with weights in order to press on marble.
- Let it rest (together meat terrine and terrine with weights) for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Prepare a vinaigrette (olive oil, sherry vinegar and tapenade) to coat slices of marble before serving.
Hôtel Colombet, Nyons